Speak at the Festival
Please check back in June of 2022 for updates on speaking opportunities.
To be considered for the featured author stages at the annual Festival, books must be:
- Published after March of the Festival year and available for sell via traditional channels.
- Published in traditional format (hardback or paperback). The DBF is currently not considering e-books for presentation.
- Written for a general or “trade” audience. Books written for specialty or academic audiences will not be considered.
- Self-published books must meet the following additional criteria:
- The book must have been edited by a professional;
- The book must be available to booksellers with standard discount terms and be returnable; and
- The author must have a functional website.
Author Invitation Process
- The DBF programming committee is comprised of literary and publishing professionals, and the committee reviews and selects authors for the featured stages.
- Most invitations to participate are extended between May and June.
- If traveling, authors should be prepared to pay for their own travel expenses to the festival.