Speak at the Festival
2020 Call for Author Submissions
We’ll provide information on the submission process for the 2020 AJC Decatur Festival in early 2020.
The AJC Decatur Book Festival prides itself on presenting a diverse array of authors, genres, and discussions. The festival invites approximately 250 authors each year who are featured either on a panel or in a solo session.
To be considered for the featured author stages, books must be:
- Newly published since September 3, 2019 (priority will be given to books published in 2020) and available for sell through traditional channels.
- Published in traditional format (hardback or paperback). The DBF is currently not considering e-books for presentation.
- Written for the general or “trade” audience. Books that are written for specialty or academic audiences will not be considered.
- Authors with self-published books must meet the following additional criteria:
- A professional has edited the work
- The book must be available to booksellers with standard discount terms and be returnable
- The author must have a functional website
Author Invitation Process
- The DBF programming committee, comprised of literary and publishing professionals, reviews and selects authors for the featured stages.
- Most invitations to participate are extended between February and May.
- If traveling, authors should be prepared to pay for their own travel expenses to the festival.