Important Note: As of 6:00PM EDT on May 1, 2019, submissions to speak at the 2019 AJC Decatur Book Festival have closed.
The AJC Decatur Book Festival prides itself on presenting a diverse array of authors, genres, and discussions. The festival invites approximately 250 authors each year who are featured either on a panel or in a solo session.
To be considered for the featured author stages, books must be:
- Newly published since September 3, 2018 (priority will be given to books published in 2019) and available for sale.
- Published in traditional format (hardback or paperback). The DBF is currently not considering e-books for presentation.
- Written for the general or “trade” audience. Books that are written for specialty or academic audiences will not be considered.
- Authors with self-published books must meet the following additional criteria:
- A professional has edited the work
- The book must be available to booksellers with standard discount terms and be returnable
- The author must have a functional website
Author Invitation Process
- The DBF programming committee, comprised of literary and publishing professionals, reviews and selects authors for the featured stages.
- Most invitations to participate are extended between February and May.
- If traveling, authors should be prepared to pay for their own travel expenses to the festival.