CALL FOR AUTHOR SUBMISSIONS FOR 2019 AJC DECATUR BOOK FESTIVAL IS NOW CLOSED.
Thank you to all authors who submitted their work to be considered. We have begun the process of confirming authors and will notify accepted authors by June 15. Due to volume of submissions, we are unable to respond directly to authors who were not selected for the 2019 program.
To be considered for the featured author stages, books must be:
- Newly published since September 3, 2018 (priority will be given to books published in 2019) and available for sale.
- Published in traditional format (hardback or paperback). The DBF is currently not considering e-books for presentation.
- Written for the general or “trade” audience. Books that are written for specialty or academic audiences will not be considered.
- Authors with self-published books must meet the following additional criteria:
- A professional has edited the work
- Book must be available to booksellers with standard discount terms and be returnable
- The author must have a functional website
Author Invitation Process
The DBF programming committee, comprised of literary and publishing professionals, selects authors for the featured stages. Most invitations to participate are extended between February and May.
Take a look at previous authors who have appeared at the festival since 2006.